Are you irritated because you can’t find the best free Photoshop alternative online? Ah, your journey ends here as I have researched and noted down some better and best free photoshop alternative online.
Photoshop was the tool that struck my mind when I started graphic design. As you know, it’s quite popular. So like everyone else, I also decided to try Photoshop.
At that time, I didn’t have much budget. And when I saw the pricing plan of Adobe Photoshop, I was surprised and disappointed at the same time.
Well, I somehow managed to buy the tool. After spending a few days in Photoshop, I found that to master photoshop with all its intricacies would take months, and as a beginner graphic designer, I didn’t have much time to go for a long way.
With all these problems, I decided to cancel that subscription and made a list of best free photoshop alternatives. Wanna look at what I found?
Pixlr- One Of The Best Free Photoshop Alternative Online
Pixlr is one of the finest free Photoshop alternative web based applications. If we talk about Pixlr’s interface, it’s pretty much similar to Photoshop but is more user friendly because of its icon placements feature.
There are many such features in the free version of Pixlr that we mostly find paid designing tools. One of these several features which I am fond of is cloning replacement and colouring replacement.
Pixlr comes with a web-based version, a desktop app version, and a mobile app as well. That is just amazing, right? Now you can start designing wherever you are on the phone!
Now let us have a quick look at its pros and cons.
Pros and Cons of Pixlr
Pros of Pixlr
- As mentioned, Pixlr has a highly user-friendly interface, and anyone can get started with Pixlr quite easily.
- The resemblance of the interface of Pixlr with Photoshop also makes the tool easy to use.
- The editing feature of Pixlr is superior to Photoshop.
Cons of Pixlr
- The templates and designs provided in the Pixlr free version are not numerous to choose from.
- You need a stable and high-speed internet connection to work on Pixlr.
GIMP – Another Free Photoshop Alternative Online
GIMP is another free online photo editor that can be used instead of Photoshop. The best thing about GIMP is, you can mould the tool according to your needs. From basic editing to intricate designing, all the features come with GIMP.
You can change the image format, retouch, and put fine details into your design, and much more that depends on your needs. With GIMP, it doesn’t matter what format your picture is, be it GIF, JPG, or PNG; you don’t need to worry about the error file format not supported.
My favourite pick of features for GIMP is the numerous plugins that come with it. These plugins open the door to countless other small yet effective features you could use to enlighten any picture you want.
Pros and Cons of GIMP
Pros of GIMP
- A wide variety of features to try out.
- No ads are running when you use the tool to get more space and an enlarged view of the picture.
- GIMP has the feature of image slicing as well; not many free tools have it.
Cons of GIMP
- You should have prior knowledge of editing and designing to use GIMP.
- The UI of GIMP is quite old, and the tool is not as user-friendly as other alternative tools.
Canva – The Easiest & Free Photoshop Alternative Online
Canva, as a free Photoshop alternative, is a different kind of tool compared to Pixlr and GIMP.
With Canva, you can design posts for social media, prepare attractive thumbnails for your YouTube videos, and even design a company logo.
You must be wondering, what is the difference and uniqueness of this tool? Well, it stands out from other devices because of its easy drag and drop feature and pre-made templates.
Yes, it does not have in-depth designing features, but the templates Canva offers are already designed to the fullest.
To make a design in Canva, you can go through an easy process, which is like:
- Choose a template
- Play with elements with the help of its drag and drop feature
- Change text
- Can also add your own pictures
- Once the design gets ready, you can download it for free without watermark.
Pros and Cons of Canva
Pros of Canva
- Get trending free pre-made templates for all of your designs
- Create super-specific niche posts with Canva
- Get a feature that can bring a touch of animation to your posts
Cons of Canva
- The mobile version of Canva has a few bugs (it may update)
- Although most of the templates are free, not all are free!
FotoFlexer – A Free Photoshop Alternative That Allow A/B Testing!
FotoFlexre is another free Photoshop alternative that appeals to those designers who like making little tweaks and have fun with their pictures. With its highly user-friendly interface, you will have no problem getting started with this platform.
FotoFlexer is a tested and practising platform. So you can try out the A/B testing for your designs and choose the one that looks great for your final image. Isn’t that cool?
If you rely on stock images, you can easily upload one from the internet and start editing the image from scratch.
Let’s suppose: You don’t have much time and looking for a final touchup tool. Yes, FotoFlexer is the best free Photoshop alternative online to use and you can count on it for little tasks. As you know, Photoshop takes a lot of time for even a little bit of editing.
Pros and Cons of FotoFlexer
Pros of Fotoflexer
- Easy to use interface for novice graphic designers
- Modern and up to date collection of effects and features
- You can edit your pictures real quick
Cons of Fotoflexer
- Being a free tool, the platform displays a lot of advertisements, which is annoying.
- The dashboard loads at a very slow speed, making FotoFlexer sometimes irritating to use.
PicMonkey – A More Than Simple Photoshop Alternative
PicMonkey doesn’t limit itself to simple effects, but it strives upon adding advanced effects so that you can make your image look realistic.
From designing small logos to gigantic flyers, whenever content needs visual effects, many graphic designers tend to rely upon PicMonkey. If you are running out of time, you can use the readymade templates that PicMonkey offers. These templates are also built by professional designers, just a little of bit of tweaks here and there can get you an appealing image.
Pros and Cons of PicMonkey
Pros of PicMonkey
- PickMonkey is an easy to use web-based platform, which fits well for even those who are not graphic designers
- You can add your own watermark to the content.
- Creativity is overloaded
Cons of PicMonkey
- If the file size is significantly large, PicMonkey could crash or hang and lead to loss of content.
Which One Are You Gonna Pick from These Best Free Photoshop Alternative Online In 2020?
So the real question is – which tool is the best free Photoshop alternative online? Well, the answer is a question: What goals do you want to achieve with your image?
If you want something detailed, go for Pixlr. If you lack time and want to get done with the work quickly, I would suggest going with Canva or PickMonkey.
The choice is yours. Choose the platform that suits you 🙂